• Faith — Believing in Yourself, Your Future, & Your Purpose. (Self-Confidence)
• Grind — Performing Repetitive Actions Over & Over To Attain A Goal. (Persistence)
PHONE OR EMAIL:
PLAYER & PARENT
CODE OF CONDUCT
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
Youth sports play a vital role in encouraging physical, social and emotional growth of children. It is therefore essential for parents, coaches and officials to encourage their youth players to embrace the values of good sportsmanship, discipline and character development.
- Be a good sport (win or lose), be honest, fair and always show good sportsmanship to all coaches, players, officials and fans.
- Learn the value of commitment to the team.
- Put personal goals aside for the betterment of the team.
- Show courtesy and respect to all teammates, parents, opponents and coaches.
- Realize that athletic contests, including practice sessions are educational experiences and opportunities.
- Players will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Players will not engage in rude behavior on or off the court.
- Players will treat everyone, including coaches, parents, players and officials with respect regardless of race, creed, color, nationality or gender.
- Have FUN!
PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Parents are vital to the development of young athletes. Whether sitting in the stands or helping out as a volunteer, parents must set a positive example. Parents and adults involved in youth sports should be models of good sportsmanship and lead by example on and off the court.
- Give constructive criticism during a private moment, never in front of other parents, players, officials, spectators, etc.
- Support your coach, and refrain from excessive “sideline coaching” from the stands.
- Refrain from using profanity.
- Abide by doctor’s decision in all matters of players health and injuries, and physical ability to play.
- Accept the decisions of officials on the court as being fair and called to the best ability of the officials. Parents must stay off the court and remain under control in order to set a good example for players and other spectators.
- Do not criticize an opposing team, its players, fans, coaches or team, by words or gestures.
- Support the coaches, players and officials and help teach the value of commitment to the teams, sportsmanship, ethical conduct, and fair play.
- Inappropriate behavior is cause for immediate ejection from the stands. Repeat offenses will result in being barred from future games and league sponsored activities.
- Parents will not encourage their child, or any other person, to engage in unsportsmanship conduct with any coach, parent, player, participants, officials or any other attendee.
- Any complaints or issues from parents/guardians will be addressed within (24-48) hours. The tensions and emotions are extremely high especially after a (game, practice, etc…) Therefore, please allow a day or 2 to pass before expressing your thoughts and concerns to any staff member. This act saves any public outbursts/feuds which is not permitted at Faith & Grind Basketball.
- Please notify a staff member if you & your child will be absent from any basketball activity. Coaches need to know in advance so they can plan accordingly.